Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Challenge # 103 - Fall Themed Project x2

The challenge for this week on Little Red Wagon is to create a Fall Themed Project!  So I decided since I was off I would create 2 very different projects to kick off the challenge for week!  I have created both a card and some cookies using a Cricut Cake Machine!  (My very first attempt at something on this new machine!!!) 
First Up is this little Pumpkin Card!

I used the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge the cut is on Page 70 and I cut it at 4" 2 times and cut away the sides on the 2nd piece.  Items used are:  PTI Sentiment, PP - Echo park Dots and Stripes, Bo Bunny Double Dot, Twine and Button are also PTI products!

And next up!  Here are some cookies I made with my new Cricut Cake Machine!!!

I used the Cake Basics Cricut Cake Cartridge and cut some sugar cookies and matching marshmellow fondant in the Cricut Cake Machine at 3 1/2"

Considering this was my first time ever using the machine here are are a few tidbits of helpful hints!!! One - you have never rolled your dough or fondant enough!!!! I used the Wilton Orange Rings on the Wilton Roling pin and kept rolling till the dough did not move any more!! This is then the perfect thickness - I used a Medium speed and Max pressure on the dials and freeze the dough rolled on the mat for 30 min before cutting and the fondant for 1 hour before cutting! And voila - here you have it!

I hope you can play along with us this week, link up your projects and don't forget to check out what the other "Girlfriends" have created! 



9 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite times of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and I love your projects!!!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and yummy looking cookies.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work. I've been wanting to try the Cricut Cake but thought it would be time consuming plus I don't really want to embark on an additional hobby as I don't have much time in a day. But who knows, one day, I may have to try it...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love Halloween...those cookies look good!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. what wonderful projects! i'm all linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and yummy cookies. Fall is my favorite season, not too crazy about Halloween but the fall colors are so amazing. Thanks for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete